WELCOME TO ALL WHO WISH TO LEARN MORE ABOUT WHAT BRITANNIA

& SURROUNDING AREA CAN OFFER TO OUR 55 plus.


Monday, July 20, 2009

CYCLING CLUB AT BRITANNIA


We are a small group (2 of us). We are looking for others to come & join us on Monday morning & sometimes on Wednesday weather permitting. we leave either 10 or 1030am & back by 1pm unless we do a longer ride like to Spanish Banks.

We are not racers but going for a good ride for exercise and socialize as well.

This morning Jack (80+) & I (55+) left from Commercial drive to Stanley Park. I mixed it up a bit this time by going thru Chinatown & Gastown, circling the new Convention centre & then down to Coal Harbour. We stopped at the Totem poles for a break & then continued around the park. As we got to Cambie street bridge we decided to cross it as we , well more I stopped at Maynards. Jack did as well but for a short period & continued on his own home.

I must say that JACK maybe 80+ but is in better shape than some men I know.

If any one wishes to join us call Britannia & leave a message for myself.
The best days to get a hold of me at the centre is Thursday as I do the lunch in the AML. Otherwise Monday or Wednesday with the co-ordinator at the AML.

I am Laurette, volunteer

No comments: